Last update: 15.06.2023
- WHO ARE WE?
The website www.chmeetings.com and the app ChMeetings are owned and administrated by Jios Apps Inc, an US software company with head office in Wellington, Florida (FL), hereinafter referred to as `the Controller`, `ChMeetings` or `Us`.
- Traffic data – means any data processed for the purpose of the conveyance of a communication on an electronic communications network or for invoicing;
- Location data – means any data processed in an electronic communications network, indicating the geographic position of the terminal equipment of a user of a publicly available electronic communications service;
- Communication – means any information exchanged or conveyed between a finite number of parties by means of a publicly available electronic communications service. This does not include any information conveyed as part of a broadcasting service to the public over an electronic communications network except to the extent that the information can be related to the identifiable subscriber or user receiving the information;
- The website – chmeetings.com
- The app – chmeetings.com
- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files consisting of letters and numbers, which will be stored on the device (computer, mobile terminal or other devices) of the user when he or she accesses the Internet. Cookies are installed through the request sent by a web-server to a browser and are completely passive, which means that they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and cannot access the information on the hard drive of the user. Cookies can be recognized by the website that downloaded them or by any other website that uses the same cookies. This way websites can find out if a device has visited them before.
A cookie contains information that links your browser to our website. Each time you return to our website, the web server will read the information already stored and we will not ask you again regarding your options, for example in terms of online privacy, the language of the site, the saving of registration data or relevant advertising. You can change these options any time.
- Availability: cookies can be available for a longer period of time. Once the cookies are stored on the user’s hard-disk, it will be available as long as the user deletes them manually. Even if the server fails, information can be retrieved from the cookies.
- Convenience: Besides websites, cookies can also remember information related to forms. So, each time the user visits the site, the address form will be filled automatically.
- Server Requirement: All the data related to cookies are stored on the hard-disk without the use of server resources. No extra load or weight is added to the server.
- OWN COOKIES AND COOKIES PLACED BY THIRD PARTIES
We use our own cookies to estimate the number of unique visitors, to improve our website and to detect the most searched words in search engines that lead to a web page. We also use these cookies to learn the manner in which our website functions, to perform relevant improvements, and to improve your browsing experience. These cookies are not used to target you through online marketing.
Cookies placed by third parties are not placed directly by the visited website. Cookies belong to service providers or social media that check the manner in which users interact with the content of a specific website. These cookies retain what users have done on the website pages and how they interacted with the website. For instructions on how to opt out of cookies, see the dedicated section below.
- TYPES OF COOKIES
Some cookies are necessary to allow you to browse the website, use its functionalities and access secure areas. The use of such cookies is essential for the functioning of the website.
Cookies commonly used on websites are classified as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for browsing the website and using its functions, such as page navigation and accessing secure areas. The website cannot function properly without such cookies;
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how the user uses a website – for example, the pages visited, and the errors displayed. These cookies do not collect information that identifies the user. All information that such cookies collect is anonymous and is used only to improve the manner in which the website functions;
- Preference cookies: These cookies allow a website to remember information that changes how the website interacts or appears, such as the username of the user, preferred language, or region. These cookies may also be used to remember changes made by a user, such as text size, font, and other parts of pages they may customize. They may also be used to provide services such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and cannot track the browsing activity of the user on other websites;
- Tailored content cookies: These cookies help a website provide enhanced features and display content in a way that is relevant to a user. These cookies help a website determine what information to display to a user based on how they previously used the website. These cookies do not track the browsing activity of the user on other websites;
- Analysis or statistical cookies: These cookies are used to collect and report aggregated anonymous information about the number of visitors and how they use the website. These cookies collect information for statistical purposes only and use only pseudonymous cookie identifiers that directly identify the user;
- Targeting or marketing cookies: These cookies are used to track visitors on websites to provide more relevant and attractive advertising to the user. They are also used to limit how many times a user sees an ad, as well as to help measure the effectiveness of a marketing campaign. These cookies remind themselves that a user has visited a website and this information may be shared with other organizations, such as third-party marketing and advertising agencies. This means that after a user has been on a website, he or she can see some advertisements about that website elsewhere on the Internet. Although such cookies may track the user device visits to websites, they usually cannot personally identify the user;
- Social media and content cookies: These cookies are placed by several social media plugins (e.g. the “like” button on Facebook) and other tools designed to provide or improve content on a website (e.g. services that allow the playing of video files or create comment sections). These cookies are integrated to improve the browsing and interaction experience with the website. Some of these third-party services place cookies that are also used for behavioral advertising, analytics and/or market research.
- COOKIES USED ON THE WEBSITE
At the beginning of the website browsing session, a banner appears containing the relevant information about the cookies used, giving the users the opportunity to freely express their preferences regarding the acceptance or rejection of cookies.
The personal data collected through the cookies necessary for the functioning of the website are processed on the basis of the legitimate interest of the Controller to ensure the optimal functioning of the website. Personal data collected through other types of cookies is processed based on the user’s freely given consent through the dedicated banner.
- COOKIES’ LIFETIME
The lifetime of a cookie can vary significantly, depending on its purpose. Some cookies are used exclusively for a single session (so-called session cookies) and shall be deleted from your hard drive immediately after your browsing session. Such cookies are temporarily stored in the cookie folder of the web browser so that the browser can store them until the user leaves the respective website or closes the browser window (for example when logging in / logging out to a web-mail account or to social networks).
Other cookies remain stored on the hard disk of your device and will be reused each time you return to the website (so-called persistent cookies), allowing us to recognize the device in the event of a subsequent visit to our website. Persistent cookies also include those placed by a website other than the one the user is currently visiting – known as “third party cookies” – which can be used anonymously to memorize the interests of a user so that the most relevant advertising for users is delivered.
- RESTRICTION AND DELETION OF THE COOKIES
Most web browsers allow you to manage cookies. You can choose to accept or reject all cookies, or just specific types of cookies.
The following links provide information on how to modify the cookies settings on some popular browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: http://help.apple.com/safari/mac/8.0/#/sfri11471
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/security-and-privacy/
This Policy is subject to periodic review and updating to ensure that it always corresponds to reality and it is in line with the applicable legal requirements. For this reason, please consult this section regularly to keep up to date with any changes. Any major changes to this Policy will be notified accordingly.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website form: Contact Us – Chmeetings
- Postal address: 98 Cuttermill Rd, Ste 466, Great Neck NY 11021, mentioning “in the attention of the Data Protection Officer”.
We thank you for your interest,