Chmeetings 2024.4 – February 12, 2024
- Moving forward, we will be structuring the Release Notes as follows:
- Major feature: Designates all released major features within ChMeetings. Major features are either standalone platform modules or primary functions within a module. For example, both Events and Volunteer Scheduling, under Events, are major features.
- Minor Feature: Designates all released features that fall under a major feature. These could be any specific new function that we add to an already existing major feature.
- Improvement: Designates all other updates we make to ChMeetings, including design changes, information architecture updates, user experience enhancements, or potentially, very small features that may be less important than minor features. To distinguish a minor feature from an improvement we consider the place the update occupies within the product structure.
- In the future, we may release some features partially, only to some of our customers who are potentially interested in trying out the new feature and provide feedback. We will be marking these as a “Partial Rollout” in the release notes.
- Some new features are currently available to specific plans. While we still need to work on clarifying this aspect in our documentation, we will include a “Plan Availability” section in the release notes.
- The full rollout date for the Appointments feature has been pushed to February 19, 2024.
We have increased the maximum file size for attachments in People Profile Fields and Forms, from 5MB to 10MB.
When building a form, you can choose the minimum and maximum number of selections in the checkbox field.
- Video Cards support Facebook Video.
- Audio Cards support files from audio.com.
We added the families and households count to the Geographical Distribution Report.
Chmeetings 2024.3 – February 1st, 2024
Service Planning (Partial Release. Full rollout expected on February 19, 2024)
Available with these plans: Small, Medium, Large, Unlimited, Diocese.
Start planning your events in detail with Service Plans. Add songs, scripture, notes, or other items and organize them into sections that help your events flow smoothly. General, song, and scripture items also let you attach files so you can retrieve everything fast and easily when you need it. Moreover, you can save and reuse templates for even faster planning.
You can find Service Plans under Events > Plan if you are subscribed to a Small or higher plan.
Please read our Service Planning help guide for more information.
Builder (All Users)
The improvements below are available within the Builder for everyone:
- We have added a new landing page that lets you see a preview of the current design and easily get the church link or download a QR code for this link. You can also easily access the portal customization area from here.
- While customizing your portal, the Builder now opens in full screen to leverage all available space and give you a better design experience.
- When editing cards, the editing options will slide from the right side of the screen, again to give you more space to work with.
Builder (Branded App)
The improvements below are available within the Builder for Branded App users only:
- Choose a menu icon for pages: You can choose from a variety of icons and apply to your builder pages. These icons will display along with the page title within the ChMeetings Main Menu in the Member View.
- Manage the Main Menu that members see when accessing ChMeetings. You can rename and reorder menu items, along with changing the item’s icon. Additionally, you can choose whether pages are visible to Members, Guests, or both. System menu items cannot be hidden. Visibility also depends on your Member Role configuration.
New Forms Experience
The Form editor now uses your full screen. When editing a field, the editing options slide from the right side of the screen to give you more space.
Permission for Group Leaders to Delete Their Own Events
You can now allow Group Leaders to delete the events they created themselves. The permission is available under Users & Roles > Roles & Permissions > Group Leader > Events.
Redesigned Online Giving Page
We redesigned the online giving page so it’s easier for people to contribute to your church online. The page is much simpler to use because people can just type the amount, select a fund, choose if they want to contribute recurringly, and then proceed to enter their payment details.
Chmeetings 2024.2 – January 24, 2024
Geographical Distribution Report
You can now filter the Geographical Distribution Report by both City and Zip Code.
View Photos of Group Members in the Member View
If a group is accessible to members and you choose to make the list of group members visible, then their photos are now also available along with their names.
Chmeetings 2024.1 – January 17, 2024
Appointments (Partial Release. Full Rollout Expected on February 19, 2024)
Available with these plans: Medium, Large, Unlimited, Diocese.
This feature lets people book appointments with church servants such as priests or anyone else who is available. You can configure appointment types and set up session timeslots that people can book. Admins can create bookings on behalf of members, while members can book from within their ChMeetings accounts. Guests can also book appointments using a public web link that your church can share anywhere online.
Visit our Appointments help center to learn more and get started using this feature..
Recurring Volunteer Schedule
Available with these plans: Small, Medium, Large, Unlimited
From under the Volunteer schedule, you can now set the recurrence of someone’s participation. When assigning a volunteer, you can choose the exact dates when the same person participates and covers a specific role within the event.
Available with all plans
When viewing all contributions as charts and using the Givers vs. Non-Givers chart, you can now filter it by individuals, by families, and by families excluding children.
Explore Releases in Previous Years